Tuesday 8 July 2014

Predicting Pregnancy

As an astrologer, I'm often asked to predict certain events in someone's life. When will I meet a new partner? When will I get married? How can I find my ideal job? One of the most frequent requests is: When will I have a baby? All of these questions are a tough call for any astrologer as they require a lot of extra time spent on calculations and chart analysis. However, they are also the kind of challenge that most of us (astrologers) cannot resist!
There are many indicators of a potential pregnancy in a chart. Transiting planets in the 5th sector of the natal chart or the Solar Return chart, aspects between the Sun, Moon, Venus or Jupiter. These are just a few examples of what to look for, but with 21st century astrology, we have a lot more options, particularly using asteroids. One asteroid is very useful - Ceres. This asteroid symbolises motherhood and nurturing.

At the beginning of this year I was looking at the chart of Julie, a family friend. I noticed a few planetary connections in her chart which suggested she was - or soon would be - pregnant. Transiting Jupiter (expansion and increase) was in conjunction with her natal Moon (family, conception, female hormones). In the Annual Degree Projection chart the Sun (pregnancy and children) was conjunct natal Ceres (motherhood, nurturing), and Uranus was conjunct natal Venus. These last two are actually planets which symbolise fertility, so if they're active, this is a very good clue. Although I don't have Julie's birth time, and I'm therefore unable to calculate her natal chart fully, these planetary aspects were bang on! She announced her pregnancy a few weeks later and the baby is due in September.

Another interesting thing to look for is a transit from Mars to Jupiter in the chart of the woman's partner. This is very common when a man is due to become a father, and it often appears close to the date of the baby's birth.




12 comments:

  1. This is amazing. The things astrology can be used for never fails to impress me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. It never fails to impress me either!

      Delete
  2. If someone was trying to get pregnant and couldn't, would looking at their chart help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would. By analysing the chart for certain planetary connections it would be possible to forecast the likely periods for pregnancy to occur.

      Delete
  3. Could you look at my chart please? I would be so grateful if you can tell me when I'll get pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you contact me via my email address on the blog, I'd be happy to do a chart analysis.

      Delete
  4. Fascinating. On a similar subject, are you familiar with the technique called Pre-Natal Lunar Epoch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Michael, I learned about the Pre-Natal Lunar epoch technique when I was a student. I was blown away when I first tried it. The only drawback is that you need to know the due date - not the actual date - of the birth in order for it to work. But a brilliant method nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Bless
    you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the blog. I haven't heard of this happening before, and I can't find any information on the 'Notify Me' function.

      Can you give me a few more details? When you clicked 'Notify Me' was it on a particular article? Are the notifications that you receive for random blog articles or just one article?

      Delete
  7. I have been trying to get pregnant with no success. I have been reading about pregnancy and astrology but all the information is so confusing for me to understand. Would you mind looking at my chart, please?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! I send you an e mail :)

    ReplyDelete