Sunday 23 July 2023

Ephemeral Arc: 10th Anniversary



Ephemeral Arc is 10 years old today! In 2013, I considered setting up a website dedicated to astrology as I'd been an astrologer for 17 years by then and felt that I should have some sort of online presence. However, not really having a clue how to go about such a task and given the fact that my astrological website wouldn't have any commercial function, I finally decided to start a blog instead. This took shape on 23rd July 2013 with my very first post, entitled 'The Royal Baby: New Heir To The Throne' to mark the birth of Prince George, who was born the day before.

Coming up with a name for the blog wasn't easy as many of my ideas were already in use. I eventually settled on Ephemeral Arc which means 'daily curve' - the path taken by the Sun across the sky every day. This was important and relevant, as it was - and still is - my mission to promote real astrology and not Sun Sign horoscopes. 


Real astrology does not place the population of planet Earth into 12 segments of the zodiac circle - it defines each and every one of us as a unique individual by the analysis of our personal birth charts. That's the reason I'm so stubbornly passionate about spreading the word. I want people to take this subject seriously, respect genuine astrologers who have studied hard and who work hard, and to realise that astrology is not a superstitious fantasy, but something which, if used correctly, is a tremendous asset to us all.  

The last 10 years of blogging have not always been a smooth ride and not without problems and unexpected setbacks but I love interacting with my readers - and you know you can ask me anything at all about astrology. I am proud of my work on here and I know you appreciate it too. So, here's to the next 10 years of Ephemeral Arc and many thanks for your loyal support.

~ Sue x

14 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is as good as any astrology website, probably better, as most of them are trying to sell stuff. Thanks for all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 10th Anniversary Sue. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many, many congratulations, Sue. I've read your blog for years and IMHO it's one of the best. I love how you explain everything and give us information about astrology that other blogs and websites don't. I respect your decision to promote real astrology. This is the direction astrologers must go in from now on. It's time the public realised what astrology is and what it can do. You are leading the way. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your lovely comments are very much appreciated, Sam. Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this blog.

    ReplyDelete